Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Fiafia Night

Last week on Wednesday night, Pt England School had a Fiafia night. Most of the people I know were either in 1 or 2 performances, but I was in 3. (Senior Kapa Haka, Tongan Girls and Red Remix - the first PES band).

Standing on the grass, getting ready for Kapa Haka, I was trying to convince myself that it was just another practice. But the kind of practises with the costumes on, a crowd watching us and at night time. But as soon as I stepped on the stage, the only thing that was in my head was a note saying “FIAFIA HAS BEGUN.”    

Anxiously standing on the step, I was patiently waiting for Tyla to finish announcing the Tongan Girls. As soon as she finished her last line I walked up onto the stage with a humongous smile on my face. The music started and I forgot all about everybody.  

Because I was in three different performances, I found it difficult to watch all the performances. But I was still able to watch most of them. My favourite Item was the Senior Samoan Group. This was because I enjoyed the songs they danced to.

All in all, 2014 Fiafia was probably the most fun fiafia that Pt England School will ever have. And its not because the band had STKS (the singer) performing with us, but because it was filled with Awesomeness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment